Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Setting custom white balance in K5

Hello, I've been trying to set custom white balances in my K5 following the instructions in the manual. After telling you to take the image of the white card and then to press OK , the manual says that "the white balance fine tuning screen appears when measuring is completed . Adjust the white balance as necessary". I take it "as necessary" means only if your not happy with the custom setting produced by the camera and not that you have to do the whole thing yourself? I would appreciate it if someone would confirm this.

I should probably put my 2nd question in the Beginners Corner but I'll ask it quickly here as it also relates to white balance. Am I right in thinking that all that youre doing with the white (grey?) card is telling the camera that this is what white looks like in this light and to use this as a point of reference or starting point in its colour production when that particular white balance setting is being used?

Thanks

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
balance, camera, card, custom, custom white balance, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5