Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adpo Quote
thats normal, all is well
Thank You!!

06-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #32

I spent ages trying to decide which camera to go for after deciding to upgrade from my beloved Fuji bridge. If you read the forums too much, you WILL become totally paranoid about every conceivable minor glitch. Remember, forums are only a small sample of users, and some of them, will moan, and moan and moan, often on several forums becuase the regulars get fed up with them on each board.

The K5 is amazing. I am finding it hard work to fathom it out, but when I do manage to, the results are amongst the best out there.
Lenses. Yep, Pentax make some fine lenses. But So do others. I've just picked up a Tamron 2.8 90mm Macro (the old non di version). There are few out there that wont tell you it is simply a cracking lens (and believe me I've looked).

Get out there and damn well enjoy it. Oh and if others want to jump ship, let them. about 18 months ago it was all doom and gloom about front focussing Kr's and how it would be the down fall of Pentax, Then the same for the Ricoh take over, then the Q1 (or what ever it was called). Let them go and you just be happy with one of the best cameras out there!.. (Oh, and it's the same for every brand of camera, theres always some that are unhappy)

Woody
07-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ukwoody Quote
I spent ages trying to decide which camera to go for after deciding to upgrade from my beloved Fuji bridge. If you read the forums too much, you WILL become totally paranoid about every conceivable minor glitch. Remember, forums are only a small sample of users, and some of them, will moan, and moan and moan, often on several forums becuase the regulars get fed up with them on each board.

The K5 is amazing. I am finding it hard work to fathom it out, but when I do manage to, the results are amongst the best out there.
Lenses. Yep, Pentax make some fine lenses. But So do others. I've just picked up a Tamron 2.8 90mm Macro (the old non di version). There are few out there that wont tell you it is simply a cracking lens (and believe me I've looked).

Get out there and damn well enjoy it. Oh and if others want to jump ship, let them. about 18 months ago it was all doom and gloom about front focussing Kr's and how it would be the down fall of Pentax, Then the same for the Ricoh take over, then the Q1 (or what ever it was called). Let them go and you just be happy with one of the best cameras out there!.. (Oh, and it's the same for every brand of camera, theres always some that are unhappy)

Woody
Thanks so much Woody. Will be shooting the Hot Chicken Festival tomorrow in Nashville, TN. Hoping to get some good shots.
I tried shooting with my K-5 on a kayak trip but had some issues with AF. It may've been my mistake. Will get to know tomorrow. Thanks again!