Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I did image stabilization wrong with a Zeiss Distagon 35/2

Shot with a Zeiss Distagon 35/2 - but image stabilization was set at 85mm. (That's the setting that pops up on the LCD when you turn on the camera with a manual focus lens mounted.) The lens has very high resolving power.

My guess is that some of the blurred foliage, the dark tiles on the playhouse, and the little gables bordering the dark tiles are the result of my mistake. I could almost talk myself into believing the effect is "painterly," but blunders are no way to get dependable results.

But your eye might spot other defects instead of or in addition to the IS error.

Also viewable for awhile here on Flickr which seems to process JPGs differently than the software of this forum.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Chazz5 Quote
Shot with a Zeiss Distagon 35/2 - but image stabilization was set at 85mm. (That's the setting that pops up on the LCD when you turn on the camera with a manual focus lens mounted.)....
When you switch on the camera with a MF lens, you MUST set manually the correct focal length. Use the Left and Right arrows until you get the closest focal length of your lens..

The camera remembers the last focal length that you entered manually.

The focal length is indeed use by SR and it is best to enter the correct focal lenght. Alternately you may consider to switch off SR.

Hope that the comment will help.
06-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
That's still a pretty good picture. Honestly I can't tell if it's life-size or miniature. The grass in the foreground makes it tricky...
06-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Snydly Quote
That's still a pretty good picture. Honestly I can't tell if it's life-size or miniature. The grass in the foreground makes it tricky...
I can't either!

06-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Snydly Quote
Thank you. I will go back to the scene and hack away foliage so I can compose a shot of the house and the trees seen clearly for comparison. Will be tough to do without trespassing.