Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #16

I lost my K5 with 18x135 lens just a couple of days (wednesday) before last Xmas at SeaWorld - san diego. Left it on a bench while distracted by grandkids. I reported to lost and found, with a note that we were leaving for Anaheim on lunchtime friday. On friday while at breakfats we had a voice message at the hotel room to tell us that the camera was found, and that they hoped that they caught us before we left town, but if not, the camera would shipped to our home in Canada. Needless to say, our route to the train station then included SeaWorld to collect my camera with much gratitude, and a renewed respect for other people who make the effort to turn-in valuables that have been lost by others.
Hopefully the OP has taken the time to report their loss and left contact information at establishments that are likely to received lost items and would not otherwise know who to contact for return to the owners.
Good Luck.

06-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Sorry for the loss. Bummer.

I left a K-x (with a FA31 attached!) in a cab about 2 years ago. My fault for using an unfamiliar camera bag that had just been given to me. I thought the camera was in the lower compartment, but it wasn't.

The funny thing is that I had originally thought I'd lost the FA31's metal lens cap. I was thrilled when I found it... woohooo!.... now, where's the rest of it.....? DOH!