Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not quite an answer for your problem, but for renaming files in general, this works nicely. I use it to change IMGP into yymmdd, and some other things.

Flexible Renamer

06-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Seems like you're having more problems then the file numbering.

Btw it does change the way the file numbering works, you need to try it but it might maybe be able to reset the file numbering again with the help of that setting.

Actually i see that sensorbeed already confirmed that it works so you opened your big mouth too soon.
If you would actually read the posts (and read the manual) you would realize that what senor beef suggested IS NOT in the manual. I don't want to change how the file numbering works, I want to change the sequence of the numbering.

NaCl(if people would read what other people have posted, things would be simpler)H2O
07-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #18
Forum Member

All the relevant things have already been said, and because I have also recently had to mess with sequencing (also my brain seems to be refusing to comprehend exactly what you a asking) so I will just brainfart a bit.
body 1: filenames 0006nnnn.DNG (because it's up to around 68000 actuations)
body 2: filenames _A00nnnn.DNG (because it's up to around 2500 actuations and uses the Adobe colorspace)
The former camera went berserk with filenames a while back, incrementing them by several thousand after a weird power issue. So I tend to realign that sequence with the shutter actuations if in doubt. I guess I would do the samewith the second body too, just with the correspondingly different filename prefix.
.pp3's are a RawTherapee metadata sidecar file...because I only realised the sequencing was shot AFTER processing ~1500 images.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
origname=
newname=
ls -l | awk 'NR!=1 && !/^d/ {print $NF}' | while read name
do
ext=${name##*.}
if [ "$ext" = "pp3" ]; then
if [ $name != "${origname}.${ext}" ]; then
# echo rm $name
rm --verbose --force $name
else
# echo mv ${name} ${newname}"."${ext}
mv --verbose ${name} ${newname}"."${ext}
origname=
fi
else
shuttercount=$(exiftool -s -s -s -ShutterCount $name)
countname=$(printf "%08d" ${shuttercount})
newname=${countname}"."${ext}
origname=${name}
# echo mv ${name} ${newname}
mv --verbose ${name} ${newname}
fi
done
PS: wow, could the board smash code block whitespacing any more? far out.
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Op is trying to alter the number sequences generated by the camera... a shell script after the fact isn't going to help