Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Question on using multiple exposures with the timer feature

So I want to use the multiple exposures with the delay. But I can't seem to figure out how to change the delay from the 10 second default. Also, it seems to only take one of the 3 or 5 exposures at a time. I would think it would delay a few seconds and then capture the whole set.

Is this a setting somewhere I need to adjust?

Thanks,

Javaslinger

07-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

• In the Drive Mode menu, under Self-timer, change the setting to 2 seconds, then select Exposure Bracketing with the Remote Control sub-mode. The behavior of the Self-timer sub-modes for the Exposure Bracketing and Mirror Lock-up Shooting modes is based on the setting for the main Self-timer mode.
  • Set custom function 9, One-Push Bracketing, to On.
I just tried it on my K-5 and it works for me. Quite oddly, though, the self-timer delay occurs for each shot in the bracketing sequence, rather than for the first shot only.

--DragonLord

Last edited by bwDraco; 07-06-2012 at 10:50 AM.
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #3

Original Poster
Great! That get's me 2/3 of the way there.. though the rest of the issue seems to be in the design. It's not only odd but unfortunate that there is a delay for each shot. Exposure bracketing needs to be rapid!

Hmmm, I don't suppose Pentax is likely to release a firmware update for this issue...
07-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #4

Original Poster
It would seem this was discussed to death previously....

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/176619-k-5-exposure-bracketing...ond-timer.html

To sum up, with the 2 sec timer there is a delay between each shot even when using Option 9 - One push bracketing - presumably to reduce mirror flap shake.

With the 12 sec time, the shots are fire in a row with no delay.

07-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I guess this is [status-bydesign] as we call it on Stack Exchange.

--DragonLord