Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #1

What's sliding thing inside K-5

I recently bought a new Pentax K-5. I don't remember how it was, when I got it brand new, but after 1 week, when I tilting my camera either let or right side, I can hear that something inside the camera is either sliding left or right. I made my camera completely upside down and straight back, I still hear that something is sliding inside. Does my camera has some defect, or this is normal to K-5 ?? What could be that sliding thing inside the camera ?

Thanks,
Ashish

07-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ashishrky Quote
I recently bought a new Pentax K-5. I don't remember how it was, when I got it brand new, but after 1 week, when I tilting my camera either let or right side, I can hear that something inside the camera is either sliding left or right. I made my camera completely upside down and straight back, I still hear that something is sliding inside. Does my camera has some defect, or this is normal to K-5 ?? What could be that sliding thing inside the camera ?

Thanks,
Ashish
The sensor. It's normal. It "floats" on magnets -- for the shake reduction.
07-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had my K5 for a couple of years and never heard any "sliding" sound..............but then again, my hearing is sliding downhill............
07-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Just pick it up when it is turned off and rotate it -- you can hear it and feel it move. Same with all the Pentax SLRs. This is a very common question for new owners -- I always worry they think there is a loose/broken part and start shaking the thing violently...

07-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks vonBaloney for your clarification.