Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WB problems on K5

Good evening all,
I found out while doing HDR panoramas that WB is not synchronizing on all images opened in ACR 6.7 (mac). I never set WB to AWB on my K5 for that work (and use a whibal card, custom WB or even "daylight") but have found out that ACR reads a fixed "custom" value of 4050°K/+38 that is not correct (?) and so I have to select the "as shot" value and synchronize (or set a °K/tint value). But this only works if you change the value of each image individualy - like 32 for a Pano HDR - clicking "done" every time!
Am I doing something wrong here or even missing it altogether?
There are two angles to this: while on "daylight" (I always thought that was a "manual" WB) the K5 reads many WB depending on lighting conditions and not a fixed one as opposed to AWD and then I should set/dial in a custom WB, or ACR is not working right anyway...!
Thanks for any pointers...

07-24-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
Inactive Account

you probably need to upgrade to cs6 to get acr 7.1 on your mac. i use lightroom 4.1 and cs6 and do not have this problem. never set wb to automatic for hdr or panorama. daylight or whatever. take one picture with whibal card included and use this to set wb in acr. then sync this value for other pictures in group. this works for me and my k5. you are shooting in raw? all bets off if not.