Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GoldenRGuy Quote
Thanks for this Shane. Nice to have a positive view! I've had mine a few months now (up fron my K7 which I kept) and I'm really happy. Any problems are me and my learning curve, not the K5. Learning more every time I shoot. Heading to Vancouver Island in a month and can't wait to try some new situations!!
Thanks,
I have been going through my AF lenses for focus issues and wow not one lens requires adjustment. I had a lockup today, however I created it, used a third party battery in grip it gave me a false positive stating it was full turns out it was flat, no biggie replace batt and away we went again. I am impressed and not worried about the quirks if I am then obviously we aint out there shooting. Have fun on the island.

Cheers
Shane

08-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just an update, camera no K5 issues, shots, just great. Only weird thing I found is on K7 the lens correction works on my sigma hsm lenses on the K5 these options are greyed out. After reading manual about page 214, 215 it states this will only work with pentax lenses in a particular catergory da. fa ect, seems odd to me that this is allowed with K7 yet not K5, however in stating that its not a big issue, duh what do I have PS for? I s this me missing something in the settings?.,

Cheers

Shane
08-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
More updates, non genuine pentax batts we get lock ups, go figure? Fanboy we aren’t I love my old film cams OM4, K1000, Linhoff 4x5 and Mamiya 645. Did some night shots pic were woeful ( read exif data) however after some PP (see attachments). The shot I will not compare to the ppl here that do astro work, however me is somewhat chuffed with what we have achieved. PPL stop bagging this cam, its limitations is you ?
Its not great however Yup this works for me.
I have this K5 for about 1 week now I cannot see any issue’s I have not created by myself.
Cheers
Shane
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
08-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I apologize for keeping this alive, however we did find the lock up issue I had. Third party batts and grip from old K7. So we purchaced ( taking the risk) another third party grip from different company and no issues with lock ups, also the batterys feel heavier ( this could be my brain off on a tangent) there is nothing scientific about this just feel. Yup love the camera, love my older cams too, just have to find thier limitations, once that is found shoot and shoot, and enjoy the photos of ones own minds eye. How did we do this when max ISO was ya de ya and we had to push it + something or another. I was going to post some pics however my space here is limited. May be another day and no we is not a fan boy. Pentax is right for me at this time and ealier ( I think )

Cheers

Shane