Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K5, Live View and fine focusing - Question

Well, usually I figure things out. However, this time I am going to ask. Yesterday, I was taking some images - let's call them product images, for the sake of argument. I was using an "A" lens with some close focusing capabilities, mounted on the K5, sitting on a tripod along with Live View enabled. I set the aperture, really did not care about the shutter speed, and was checking the focus. I would really like to zoom in on the rear screen to check some of the fine focus details. Well both the wheels are allocated so the only thing left is to do is to take a test image and then go into playback mode and then zoom in to check the fine focus. Am I missing something?

I am finding Live View great when the camera is on the tripod.

08-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #2

You need to press info button in LV
08-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In live view pressing the info button zooms in, there are several steps with increasing zoom. Once zoomed in use the d-pad to move around the image until you have the exact detail you are interested in centered. Now focus.
08-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The LV goes to 10x and can be an absolutely essential option when doing fiddling macro work.

08-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wonderful!!! Thank you!

I thought I had read about it, however it did not strike me as to how it was implemented. Its not covered in the manual as far as I could find. I have looked, could not find it, but I am sure its in there somewhere....

08-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

and you would need to press OK button to get there on K-30..............why keep changing?