Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #1

Shutter Count Issue

Hi. I'm new to this forum . Not a great photographer, but I enjoy it anyway.

I've had my K-5 for about 10 months and I think it's great, but I have one small issue with my camera. I recently checked the shutter count (with Photo Me) and it was 322 (I've also checked with couple of online sites with the same answer), but the image number is 2929, which would be about right. Obviously they should be pretty much the same, so how can the K-5 have reset itself? The only thing I can think of is, that it happened when I upgraded to the latest firmware Version 1.13, but I don't see how.

It's not a great problem, unless I want to sell it,but it's a puzzle all the same, so I'd appreciate anybodys' thoughts as to how it could've happened.The camera, otherwise, functions exactly as it should.

Thanks

08-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are quite a few threads on this topic already- see the similar threads at the bottom of this page. The file number doesn't necessarily sync up with the shutter count, as it's enough to delete all the files in the current folder for the image number to be reset. Similarly, if you create a file called IMGP9000.JPG in the current folder, the next file will be numebered 9001.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.
As I said though, the image file number is correct. The shutter count is wrong. What I don't understand is how it's been reset. The previous time I checked the shutter count, it was in excess of 2000.