Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #1

Zig Zag

Just took a few shots with both my FA31 and FA43 of a somewhat crumpled Snickers Bar wrapper. It's quite colorful and contrasty with blue, brown, red, white juxtaposed. However, when I looked at the image, the borders of each crease in the wrapper are loaded with "zig zag" formations instead of being smooth. I was shooting in M mode, JPEG, f/2.8, 1/45th sec, ISO 200, custom setting on Natural with regular sharpness +1 and contrast +1, no in camera corrections. Advice...explanation?? Thanks.

Edit: Funny thing...when I look at the shot in DCU4 the zig zags are very pronounced. When I view in Picasa...they are virtually gone. What's going on??

08-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sounds like moire. I'm guessing that the picture is displayed at a fairly larger size in Picasa than in PDCU and that's why you don't see it anymore.
08-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
my images get something like zikzag sometimes when not using high quality packing option in jpgs