Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zosxavius Quote
the k7 has the same sensor, but the body would be a step up for sure. I love my k-7. The deep shadow contrast reminds me of film a lot. I think they did a good job with that sensor considering its abilities. Black and whites off that camera still, to me, look really spectacular. It will get used for a long time and then eventually I'll convert it for ir. Right now it has an m50 1.4 on it I use for portraits, so it is the dedicated face cam while my k-5 has the 12-24 that I cannot seem to stop using.
Oh, you mean the K-7 and the K20D have the same sensor? I was confused at first thinking the K-7 and K-5 had the same sensor, then I thought maybe you meant K-5 and K-5 II. I was just confusing myself for no reason.

It still definitely has some nice upgrades over the K20D. The viewfinder, screen, Prime II, face detection, etc.

Also, does the K-7 have the assist lamp or only the K-5?

09-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-7 share the exact same body with K-5 and yes it does have the assist lamp