Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
Forum Member

I made a bargain today....

I went to one of these super big electronics stores today to see if they had a Metz-44 flash for my K-5.
Iīve been reading about different flash guns for a while and thought that the Metz-44 would meet my needs and be within my budget.
When I arrived at the store (Media Markt) I saw that they were selling a Pentax AF 360 FGZ demo ex. for EUR 190. It looked nice and the guy in the shop said it came with a full warranty, box and soft case.
But when we tried it on a camera it didnnīt fire no matter what we did, not even when pushing the test button. The flash was broken! :-(

He said they also had a Pentax AF 540 FGZ, so he went for it to try, and it worked immediately! Too bad, I thought that the 360 ​​flash would have been perfect for me and the 540 is far over my budget. But he said I could get 540 flash for EUR 224 if I wanted since they had difficulties selling Pentax gear anyway.

So I came home with a Pentax AF 540 FGZ for 224 euros, which I thought was pretty cheap.
The sad thing is that this large electronics store has preblems selling Pentax gear and propably will stop marketing Pentax. At least anything but the compacts.

09-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awesome! And true that it really is sad. Same here, there's only one small camera shop that sells pentax in the whole northern virginia district.