Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just upgraded from the K-x to a used K-5 and grip at a great price. It'll be more camera than I can handle for several years and will allow me to focus on taking photos and soothing my LBA (I have been jonesing for the 15 & 21 for some time). Plus I haven't read the Rumors page in almost a week and that has to be worth something.

In this day and age of electronics, my attitude is steady upgrades late in the model life and where possible buy lightly used equipment. There are many benefits to approach. 1. You know what you are getting - lots of reviews, lots of information available, 2. Lower price, 3. Higher reliability from late production run units, 4. In the long run, you stay reasonably current with everybody else, 5. Wider availability of 3rd party kit

Without a doubt, purchasing the K-5 late in its production run is an excellent decision.

10-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #17

I can see this not being all that exciting for K-5 owners, But I am still using a K-7 (The rear dial has been acting up).
So, the K-5IIs may be my next purchase. I have not used autofocus in two years, But if I need it. . I am glad it's been improved.

I have too much invested in limited primes to care about full frame.

but I would love to see their take on it.