Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adobe Updates for Pentax

Adobe has just released Lightroom 4.3 and Camera Raw 7.3 Release Candidates, which includes updates for K-5 II.
Download Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 7.3 Beta - Adobe Labs

Here is one article on the details:
Adobe issues Lightroom 4.3 and Adobe Camera Raw 7.3 'release candidates': Digital Photography Review

11-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #2

Nice, thanx for the info.
11-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Thanks, man!! I'll take a look!!
11-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

For PP, how would I know what I need(LR, Photoshop, etc)?

11-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
You might not need it. I started using Lightroom a few years ago for two reasons: it makes non-destructive changes to the original photo file and I like the way it catalogs my files. I shoot mostly raw, after I process the raw file to the way I want it there is no need to make a copy for jpeg or tiff until I need it. The original raw file is still available. If more PP is needed I take the file into Photoshop and finish it there and save it as a jpeg psp file.
Up to getting my K-5 II I was a Canon guy and had lightroom change all my files out of the camera directly into the dng format. Now with the Pentax I just save it as a dng in camera.
Another reason I was able to get into lightroom & Photoshop was my wife is attending college and I was able to purchase it with the student discount.
11-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
As in which software to get for editing? Photoshop if you want to manipulate, Lightroom for general adjustments.

I am using both since I do have to remove or add objects, change wallpapers and colors, but normally I try to stick to Lightroom. PS can do mostly the same, but it is much more manual labour, takes much more time and skill to get the same results and is more expensive.

Last edited by kadajawi; 11-24-2012 at 04:36 AM.