Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #1

Looking for K-5 debug focus adjustment help in NYC

Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, but I'm trying specifically to sniff out the K-5 users in my area for a little help. Perhaps this inquiry could start a trend : )

I'm looking for someone (a user not a shop) in the NYC/Brooklyn area who is experienced with adjusting the K-5 focusing in debug mode to help me do mine. I did it myself a long time ago for the three lenses I basically use (Pentax 18-135, Tamron 28-75 and Pentax 50), however I no longer have a Windows computer around for PK Tether (and don't currently have any Windows on my Macs) and frankly I wasn't sure I was getting optimal results from my adjustments. I have not been happy for the past few months with the focusing, so this route occurred to me to try before I shipped it off.

What I'd like to do is to pay someone who is intimately familiar with this drill make the debug adjustments while I watch, so that I can have an "aha" moment or two, with these three lenses. If I can arrange that with someone it would be preferable to me to borrowing a PC and doing it myself again, perhaps not optimally.

I'm in Park Slope and anywhere the subway goes is worth it for me. Please drop me a PM.

Thanks!

David

12-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hut234 Quote
Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, but I'm trying specifically to sniff out the K-5 users in my area for a little help. Perhaps this inquiry could start a trend : )

I'm looking for someone (a user not a shop) in the NYC/Brooklyn area who is experienced with adjusting the K-5 focusing in debug mode to help me do mine. I did it myself a long time ago for the three lenses I basically use (Pentax 18-135, Tamron 28-75 and Pentax 50), however I no longer have a Windows computer around for PK Tether (and don't currently have any Windows on my Macs) and frankly I wasn't sure I was getting optimal results from my adjustments. I have not been happy for the past few months with the focusing, so this route occurred to me to try before I shipped it off.

What I'd like to do is to pay someone who is intimately familiar with this drill make the debug adjustments while I watch, so that I can have an "aha" moment or two, with these three lenses. If I can arrange that with someone it would be preferable to me to borrowing a PC and doing it myself again, perhaps not optimally.

I'm in Park Slope and anywhere the subway goes is worth it for me. Please drop me a PM.

Thanks!

David
Are regular adjustments outside of debug mode not getting the job done for you? Should be fairly easy to confirm with a test chart!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Are regular adjustments outside of debug mode not getting the job done for you? Should be fairly easy to confirm with a test chart!
Hi Adam : ) Now that you have jogged my memory, I can clarify that. The regular adjustments *seem* to not be bringing me close enough to as good a result as I'm assuming I can get. And my attempt at the debug mode last year probably resulted in my not actually making any changes, afraid to do more harm than good. And then I became Windows-less by the time I garnered the nerve to try again.

BTW, I have now seen that the General Technical Troubleshooting may have been a more appropriate place for this. Don't know how I missed that. Feel free to move this there if you want.

Thanks! : )

David