Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-5 II and manual lenses

When I put on a manual lens, the camera gives me a choice of focal lengths. I have a couple of questions about that (and I am relatively new to this game, so please forgive me if these are pretty simplistic).

Question #1: When I put on a manual lens, the list of choices of focal lengths does not include all lengths. The list of available focal lengths to choose from skips from 85 to 100. I have a Sigma 90mm macro lens. What focal length should be input, and should I select a length shorter or longer than the actual length? What difference will it make it my photographs?

Question #2: What focal length should I pick for a zoom lens? I have a Kiron 70-210 manual focus. What focal length should be input for something like this?

As always, the input from the leaned members of this forum would be greatly appreciated.

12-11-2012, 11:12 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
#1: I generally select the closest FL that's less than or equal to the actual FL. If you select a longer focal length, the SR system could technically over-compensate.

#2: See these threads
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/202376-shake-reduction-zoom.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/34979-shake-re...zoon-lens.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: