Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Renting a lens for 2 (or even 3+) weeks might be cheaper than renting a Nikon and lens for a day or two. Here are four great options right here:

Rent professional cameras or camera lenses for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Leica and Pentax

Furthermore, I believe the K-x can still outperform most other camera (such as the D700) in low light. Plus the 16-70 sounds a bit short, and it's a DX lens so you won't even get the benefit of an FX body with it - might as well use an APS-C Pentax anyway with one of these superior lenses.

In fact, the only downside to this plan is that after renting any of these you'll want to own it! I can personally vouch for the last 3, all of which I've owned and still own (or replaced with an equivalent+ older Pentax model).

Last edited by DSims; 01-08-2013 at 06:52 PM.
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Renting a lens for 2 (or even 3+) weeks might be cheaper than renting a Nikon and lens for a day or two. Here are four great options right here:

Rent professional cameras or camera lenses for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Leica and Pentax

Furthermore, I believe the K-x can still outperform most other camera (such as the D700) in low light. Plus the 16-70 sounds a bit short, and it's a DX lens so you won't even get the benefit of an FX body with it - might as well use an APS-C Pentax anyway with these superior lenses.
----------------------------------------------

I will definitely look into that tomorrow. Does anyone here have experience with BL?

Rite
01-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rite Quote
Does anyone here have experience with BL?
Yes, I had positive experiences with them (renting a Gigapan head and a Spyder Print unit).
01-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If I'm covering an event as the prime photographer, I like to have the 12-24 on one body and the 50-135 on the other. If it's indoors or in the dark, the Sigma 30/1.4 in a pocket or nearby.

As a guest/second photog, I'd take just one body with the 21/3.2 on it and the 70/2.4 in my pocket. Easier to enjoy myself that way.