Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I use the Delkin shade protector. It's a safety screen with a clip on pop up shade that makes it easier to see the LCD in bright light. Indoors, you can take it off easily. Less than $20.
Sounds like another awesome possibility, i'll be sure to look into it! I couldn't help but notice that you're from Sparwood! I'm currently a student at the University of Lethbridge, I'm just on the other side of the crowsnest pass!

02-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pakinjapan Quote
I use a custom cut film from skinevo.com. it's impressive look at their demonstration video here
, but I would never try that on my LCD. they used to have a custom cut order section which no where to be found right now!
Looks like quite a sleek solution!
02-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I had a couple of Belkin screen protector films for an iPod Touch lying around. I cut one to size and stuck it on there and it's sufficiently invisible for my purposes (actually managed to get it on without a single piece of dust under it -- that was a first!). It'll protect the screen from minor scratches, which is all I really wanted (I use a Black Rapid sling strap, which means my camera bounces against my hip frequently and I was a little worried about minor abrasions). While I obviously haven't protected the screen from being dropped on a rock or something, I nonetheless feel virtuous about having done more than nothing...
02-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
I had a couple of Belkin screen protector films for an iPod Touch lying around. I cut one to size and stuck it on there and it's sufficiently invisible for my purposes (actually managed to get it on without a single piece of dust under it -- that was a first!). It'll protect the screen from minor scratches, which is all I really wanted (I use a Black Rapid sling strap, which means my camera bounces against my hip frequently and I was a little worried about minor abrasions). While I obviously haven't protected the screen from being dropped on a rock or something, I nonetheless feel virtuous about having done more than nothing...
I'm still not quite decided on whether I want to use a hard plastic protector or just a thin iPod type... I'm leaning more towards the thin type because I generally keep my camera around the neck and buttons/zippers on my coat tend to scratch the screen from time to time... I have had a very good experience with Belkin products in the past, definitely something to take under consideration. Thanks for the help!

02-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Buttermilk J Quote
I'm still not quite decided on whether I want to use a hard plastic protector or just a thin iPod type... I'm leaning more towards the thin type because I generally keep my camera around the neck and buttons/zippers on my coat tend to scratch the screen from time to time... I have had a very good experience with Belkin products in the past, definitely something to take under consideration. Thanks for the help!
Thin type protects against scratches as you say, ACMAXX type will protect against a fairly hard impact to the screen, as well as scratches. They are only $15 -- I choose the better protection, and have been grateful for that more than once. Don't see any downside...
02-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use the GGS screen protectors; had them on my K-7, K5, K-5, X100 and X-Pro1 and they get the thumbs up from me.
02-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
I use the GGS screen protectors; had them on my K-7, K5, K-5, X100 and X-Pro1 and they get the thumbs up from me.
They are quite bit sleeker than the ACMAXX, so many choices!

02-09-2013, 02:19 AM   #23

I think the level of protection of the ACMAXX protector is high, but personally I don't like to have such a "thick" object on my camera screen. I also had a look at a few video's about the ACMAXX screen protector, and I must say there is a lot of glare when you have applied them. It seems almost like a mirror to me.
On my K-x, K-5 and Sony compact I use digiCOVER screen protectors (made in Germany by S+M Rehberg). These are high quality protector films, very rigid, highly transparent, anti-glare and easy to apply without air bubbles. I would recommend these without doubt!
02-09-2013, 03:00 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paraben Quote
I think the level of protection of the ACMAXX protector is high, but personally I don't like to have such a "thick" object on my camera screen. I also had a look at a few video's about the ACMAXX screen protector, and I must say there is a lot of glare when you have applied them. It seems almost like a mirror to me.
No particular glare problems -- it is certainly nothing like a mirror. I think it actually improves the display. It is thick, but is has been no problem whatsoever and when you bang it against a rock you'll sure be glad it is there. For my K10D, I got a thin one to protect against scratches (if ACMAXX even existed at the time, I didn't find it), and that was fine (and is in-fact still on my K10D), but when I got my K-7 I decided to try the ACMAXX. I've bought 4 of them since for every other body I've gotten, so that's how much of a problem I think they are. The only possible scenario where I could see it being trouble is if you wanted to mount an LCD view/loupe type thing on your screen, which have their own mounting systems and they might conflict. Then again they might not -- haven't tried it...