Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-13-2013, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Saxplayer1004 Quote
I kept mine for a backup as well as for landscapes as I prefer the color rendering from the CCD. Sending it off to KEH/BH/Adorama is always a good option as well
That's what I did with my K10 when I got my K20. I've found that once I have 2 bodies, it would be awfully tough to go back to just 1. Between the time/hassle saved with not having to switch lenses and the versitility of having two different lens options available simultaneously (not to mention the drop in probablitlity of the sensor getting dirty because you're opening the camera up to switch lenses "in the field") I found that THAT was worth way more than the small amount I'd get in sale/trade of my old body.

Just a thought.....

Tim

02-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #17
Pentaxian

If you're ever out on a windy day near a beach and have to change lenses... I got 60 dust specs into my camera in two lens changes causing hours of work in PP. I'd tried to move out of the wind and shielded the camera with my body and coat, to no avail. Now, in such conditions I have the 18-135 on one camera and the 60-250 on the other, and i don't even think about lens changes...or primes.
02-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
That's what I did with my K10 when I got my K20. I've found that once I have 2 bodies, it would be awfully tough to go back to just 1. Between the time/hassle saved with not having to switch lenses and the versitility of having two different lens options available simultaneously (not to mention the drop in probablitlity of the sensor getting dirty because you're opening the camera up to switch lenses "in the field") I found that THAT was worth way more than the small amount I'd get in sale/trade of my old body.

Just a thought.....

Tim
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If you're ever out on a windy day near a beach and have to change lenses... I got 60 dust specs into my camera in two lens changes causing hours of work in PP. I'd tried to move out of the wind and shielded the camera with my body and coat, to no avail. Now, in such conditions I have the 18-135 on one camera and the 60-250 on the other, and i don't even think about lens changes...or primes.
Yep, that's true too. When I moved my mental paradigm from "Back-Up" camera body to using "Dual Bodies", is when I realized that using 2 cameras automatically creates a back up, and after working with 2 bodies actively, you'll never go back!

2 K5 cameras working together is sublime!
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #19

Gave my K10d to my 16 year old grand daughter. I think she'll make good use of it.

02-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
you all convinced me I'm keeping the k10 till further notice for a second body thank you all for the comments and reply's
thank you Larry G.

P.S. the k5 is so much smaller than the k10 is; wow
02-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
when I upgrade my K5 and it becomes my back up (My K 10 is now my backup) My K10 will be passed down to my boys.