Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
Pentaxian

K-5 ii LCD Questions

Hey guys, I've had my K-5 for about a week now and am having a ball. I've got a couple of questions about the LCD.

1) It's coming on and displaying the exposure information as I focus. I thought it was maybe just happening with my K lens, but I just replicated it with the WR zoom. It's showing the same information that is on the top display, which is where I'd rather see it, plus it's distracting and compromises my vision a little for it to be flashing on when I have eye to the eye piece. I've looked through the menus and manuals, but I can't figure out where this might be set from. Can anyone help a newbee out on this one?

2) Should I have something covering my screen to protect it from scratches? Either a plastic cover or film like you'd get for a smart phone screen? I'd hate to scratch this beautiful display up.

The camera is performing great and I'm actually doing better than I thought I would be with it too. Thanks to everyone here who has contributed to my education so far and in advance on this issue.

02-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cycle through your info button while previewing your shot till nothing shows up in your lcd other than a preview of the image (it will remember the last setting - one touch of the info button will give you aperture/ISO info, two will give you that plus the histogram and three will give you a ton of info and just a small thumbnail).
As for a screen protector, I am no big fan. Keep your bag clean, be careful with zippers and buttons while it's strapped around your neck and you shouldn't have problems. They diminish your view and I am not sure if they're worth the trouble.
02-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That seemed to do it, thanks. I knew there had to be a setting somewhere.
02-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
Hey guys, I've had my K-5 for about a week now and am having a ball. I've got a couple of questions about the LCD.

1) It's coming on and displaying the exposure information as I focus. I thought it was maybe just happening with my K lens, but I just replicated it with the WR zoom. It's showing the same information that is on the top display, which is where I'd rather see it, plus it's distracting and compromises my vision a little for it to be flashing on when I have eye to the eye piece. I've looked through the menus and manuals, but I can't figure out where this might be set from. Can anyone help a newbee out on this one?
It is called the status screen. It is handy when the camera is on a tall tripod where you cannot see the top LCD, but otherwise it is just plain annoying. You can turn it completely off in the set-up menu. It is the last item on the first page of that menu. Then it will never appear, not even when cycling the Info button!