Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Would you pay $100 (US) to increase the sharpness of your photos by 8%?
Yes 5253.06%
No 2222.45%
What's the catch 2222.45%
Undecided 22.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
He's saying, he already spent money on a denoising program to make his noisy images look clean, but also sharper. Since he would spend $80 bucks on such a denoising program, he would likely spend the $100 to get sharpness improvements on all his images.
You cornered Adam lol!

03-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #47
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
RAW does help a lot, but I've been able to get better images thanks to Topaz when applied to processed raw files. And cloning out noise is so last decade

Not saying it's anything particularly impressive, but this handheld iso 5000 shot doesn't have any noise in it, does it? I believe this one also ended up going through topaz adjust.
It has TONS of noise in it and it is very blurry. You can see the noise especially in the sky..
03-02-2013, 03:16 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lightbulb Quote
You cornered Adam lol!
Haha
03-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #49
Veteran Member

03-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #50

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I would pay $80 for Topaz denoise, which does a much better job of removing noise than the in-camera algorithms or even photoshop. And that'll certainly make my night shots noticeably sharper
Is it me or can you not also denoise and sharpen the already sharper image of the IIs? If you start with a sharper image in my mind you end up with a better image in the end. Also I'd like to see a discussion on the denoise=sharper final as I never knew that was possible and learning how/why would benefit me (and other ignoramouses like me) greatly!
03-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by halfspin Quote
Is it me or can you not also denoise and sharpen the already sharper image of the IIs? If you start with a sharper image in my mind you end up with a better image in the end. Also I'd like to see a discussion on the denoise=sharper final as I never knew that was possible and learning how/why would benefit me (and other ignoramouses like me) greatly!
Start a new thread and ask for info on this if you are rely interested to learn something new.
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #52
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
well, of course, but we're not living in fantasy land, and an 8% increase in sharpness comes with other issues. Is the compromise worth it to you? (i'm guessing "yes," and you're looking to confirm your decision with this poll.)

03-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by halfspin Quote
I'm 100% with you on this. The K5II image will never close the gap to the K5IIs image as anything that can be done to improve the non-s image can also be done to improve the s image.

I'd gladly pay $100 for the difference, it's a bargain when you look at the kind of money that has to be thrown at lenses for any small improvement (eg compare the FA35 and the FA31).