Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #1

Local (non-Web) version of shutter count tool?

While I find the PentaxForums.com web page for determining Check Shutter Count / Camera Manufacture Date Online handy, I would really like a version of the tool that I can run on my PC without needing to be on-line. Or at least some way to capture the data generated into a Word or Excel compatible file. Does anyone know of such a program? Doing a little searching on the web, I found a number of sites that offer on-line Exif data decoding much like the one here on PentaxForums.com, but nothing "stand alone". I've used PhotoME in the past, but it has not been updated to support recent Pentax cameras such at the Q.

Thanks, Curt

03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MNCurt-K10D Quote
While I find the PentaxForums.com web page for determining Check Shutter Count / Camera Manufacture Date Online handy, I would really like a version of the tool that I can run on my PC without needing to be on-line. Or at least some way to capture the data generated into a Word or Excel compatible file. Does anyone know of such a program? Doing a little searching on the web, I found a number of sites that offer on-line Exif data decoding much like the one here on PentaxForums.com, but nothing "stand alone". I've used PhotoME in the past, but it has not been updated to support recent Pentax cameras such at the Q.

Thanks, Curt
Download a program called exiftool and then use it as follows via the command line: exiftool -j filename -exif:ShutterCount
Where "filename" is the name of your file.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Download a program called exiftool and then use it as follows via the command line: exiftool -j filename -exif:ShutterCount
Where "filename" is the name of your file.
Thanks much, Adam!
03-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is a GUI for Exiftool : ExifToolGUI for Windows v.5

03-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, Frederic - this makes things a lot easier!