Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mario: If the noises are the same as they are for the K20D (and others with IS & liveview), then what you are hearing is the IS in constant use, and that's normal.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #17

Priorities

QuoteOriginally posted by mariopato2010 Quote
Wow, I received my K5 one day earlier than expected. I was very excited... opened the box, pull the manual out, battery charger, etc, I waited long 5 hours for battery to charge (it seemed to take forever) and I started playing with my brand new K5... it's cool. I am coming from a Kx... big upgrade, it's cool how the lcd displays changes from landscape to vertical, nice, even my wife likes it. Still trying to talk her into letting me keep the 18-135mm lens Still don't know if I will keep the lens (haven't touch it yet to keep me away from evil thoughts) but I like how the K5 looks with the DA 40mm ltd, very compact. Now I am thinking in buying a grip for it. This seems like a camera I will keep for years to come. Anyway... still haven't upgrade the firmware. Any thoughts anybody?
Wait a minute. You mean you have to get clearance from your wife in order to keep the 18-135mm lens? What is this? Get your priorities in order. The Pentax camera comes first. Sheesh!

(I hope my wife doesn't see this post!)
03-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
Mario: If the noises are the same as they are for the K20D (and others with IS & liveview), then what you are hearing is the IS in constant use, and that's normal.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Nope, constant use of the SR is often something that makes new users uncomfortable with their Pentax dSLR.
03-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by caver3d Quote
Wait a minute. You mean you have to get clearance from your wife in order to keep the 18-135mm lens? What is this? Get your priorities in order. The Pentax camera comes first. Sheesh!

It's usually best not to to make any tactical or logistic maneuvers without clearing it with the war department (AKA the NO! department.)

03-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It's usually best not to to make any tactical or logistic maneuvers without clearing it with the war department (AKA the NO! department.)
That's why my office address is in Las Vegas..........
03-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Also very annoying when I want to take the SD card out the camera, it does get stuck in some spot.
I used to struggle with the SD card when I first had my K-5. It is a bit fiddly compared to other cameras I have, but it's second nature to me now, and I don't have any problems getting the card in or out any more.

btw, I loved my 55-300mm lens - very sharp for the price. I only relinquished it when I bought the superb 60-250mm f4.
03-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #22
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Congrat and enjoy your new camera combo!! I guess you mean 18-55 DA lens not 55-80; are those DAL or just DA or DA WR? If those are WR lens, you are doing real good for this deal.
You're right, the 18-55. I don't know what was wrong with my brain when I typed this.

And both of them are DAL.

04-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #23
Forum Member

Actually the SD cards are coming out easier already, been taking lots of pics lately and trying to get the settings that work better for me. Finally decided to keep the 18-135mm lens, just waiting for the filters so I can start using it.
Not really worried about the noises that K5 makes on Liveview. I really like this camera, not much of post-processing needed in comparison to the Kx when working with the files in my computer. The best surprise is that the K5 works perfectly with a Sigma flash that I had for the Kx so no need to spend money on that. Great, maybe now I can spend that money in a 50mm 1.4 (I hope my wife doesn't THIS post). Very pleased with it so far.
04-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #24

Actually the SD cards are coming out easier already, been taking lots of pics lately and trying to get the settings that work better for me. Finally decided to keep the 18-135mm lens, just waiting for the filters so I can start using it.
Not really worried about the noises that K5 makes on Liveview. I really like this camera, not much of post-processing needed in comparison to the Kx when working with the files in my computer. The best surprise is that the K5 works perfectly with a Sigma flash that I had for the Kx so no need to spend money on that. Great, maybe now I can spend that money in a 50mm 1.4 (I hope my wife doesn't THIS post). Very pleased with it so far.
That's the spirit. You really are getting your priorities in order. Pentax comes first. (Don't let your wife see this post.)
04-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #25

Pulled the trigger mee too, but questions first . I try to fire a metz 50 af1 in wireless mode, but it can be fired without poping out and fire the onboard flash?
Thanks.
04-09-2013, 04:27 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by caver3d Quote

After my wife left me, my hobby in photography flourished (not kidding!). I swapped my K-x with a K-5 and bought a nice lens.
So if you want to spend more time and money on photography, just show this post to your wife. Perhaps it helps...
04-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I used to struggle with the SD card when I first had my K-5. It is a bit fiddly compared to other cameras I have, but it's second nature to me now, and I don't have any problems getting the card in or out any more.

After I got my K-5, I also had problems taking out the SD card. Now I make use of the spring that pushes the card outwards (but just not strong enough).
When I have pushed the card down to release it, I quickly pull away my finger and let the card flip out, pushed by the spring. In this way the card comes out further and it can easily be picked out with your fingers (instead of your nails).

Last edited by paraben; 04-09-2013 at 12:49 PM.
04-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
Forum Member

Actually, at the end I am selling the 18-135mm, and not because of my wife, I can not blame that one on her. She told me it was up to me to decide (maybe she was playing a trick on me) I am getting more into portraits and I think I can use the money in something more suitable for that, like a DA 70mm or a FA 50mm, any thoughts?
04-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Actually, at the end I am selling the 18-135mm, and not because of my wife, I can not blame that one on her. She told me it was up to me to decide (maybe she was playing a trick on me) I am getting more into portraits and I think I can use the money in something more suitable for that, like a DA 70mm or a FA 50mm, any thoughts?
It's seems a shame to sell a 18-135, I've been really impressed with mine and am looking for to taking it travelling on my next trip.

For portraits; in order of preference of the lens I own or use to own I'd say:

DA*50-135 due to the flexibility
FA77 (the best for IQ)
DA70 (sharp even wide open)
FA50 (very under rated lens, and great value, but a little short as an only portrait lens).
04-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #30
Forum Member

I know seems like a shame, just feel like I can not keep spending more money in lenses, without getting some money back, I'd love to keep them all. Thanks for the suggestions on lenses. I am leaning towards the DA70, I already have another DA limited and I love the IQ, so Im expecting something similar from it. But ideally I'd love the 50-135. and the DA70 and the FA 77 and the FA 50 ok I better delete this website from my favourites