Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2013, 10:52 AM - 1 Like   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by memo90061 Quote
That's a nice set of lenses. I just purchased the Pentax K-5 II with the 18-55mm WR lens and Sigma 10-20mm lens. I really want the Sigma 30mm now, and I'd be set for what I usually shoot. I do have the Pentax-M 50mm F1.4 lens too.

So you've been to Mexico in the past? That's nice. I'm Mexican American myself, and have also been to Mexico a couple of times. I've been lucky nothing has happened to met, but I'm going to Mexico City for the first time, and I must say I'm a bit nervous. I've always heard horror stories about crime in Mexico City. I've been good in Guadalajara. I think I would leave the lenses in a safe if it's available.

I don't have a laptop, but want to buy one for the same reason. I feel like my SD card will probably fill up. I'm going to visit family in Guadalajara, and will be going to Playa del Carmen and Mexico City for the first time! I'm excited, and nervous. hahah.

How would you describe Puerto Morelos? I see it's near Cancun.
I wouldn't worry too much about Mexico City, I have recently made a couple of trips there and stayed in El Centro Historico, it's a great place for photography, and there is a very strong police presence, I never once felt unsafe.

03-20-2013, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by memo90061 Quote
That's a nice set of lenses. I just purchased the Pentax K-5 II with the 18-55mm WR lens and Sigma 10-20mm lens. I really want the Sigma 30mm now, and I'd be set for what I usually shoot. I do have the Pentax-M 50mm F1.4 lens too.

So you've been to Mexico in the past? That's nice. I'm Mexican American myself, and have also been to Mexico a couple of times. I've been lucky nothing has happened to met, but I'm going to Mexico City for the first time, and I must say I'm a bit nervous. I've always heard horror stories about crime in Mexico City. I've been good in Guadalajara. I think I would leave the lenses in a safe if it's available.

I don't have a laptop, but want to buy one for the same reason. I feel like my SD card will probably fill up. I'm going to visit family in Guadalajara, and will be going to Playa del Carmen and Mexico City for the first time! I'm excited, and nervous. hahah.

How would you describe Puerto Morelos? I see it's near Cancun.
Yes this was our 4th Visit to roughly the same area. I have never been to Mexico City but yeah it' may be different story there for sure. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I would describe Puerto Morelos as a drinking town with a fishing problem - It's beautiful, has one of the nicest beaches I have ever seen , it's not a tourist trap as Cancun and Playa Del Carmen are. There is a reef 500 yards out the keeps the waters very calm, perfect for swimming and snorkeling. It really is a hidden Jewel. It will probably not be for long - there is some serious resorts being built near by and maybe in 10 or 20 years it will be the next Playa Del Carmen, but for now it is a great place.

It is on the Caribbean side so you can get some rain and cooler days. I usually tell people if you only have a week - go to the Pacific side, much nicer weather , if you have two or more go the Atlantic side - the water is just soooooo gorgeous.
03-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #18

Thank you monoloco! Do you have pictures? I'm so excited! I will be staying 2 blocks from El palacio de Bellas Artes and 3 blocks away from el Zocalo.

Thank you very much for the replies. I'm so excited now!
03-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #19

Here's a few:

03-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #20

Nice. What lens did you use? I'm getting excited!
03-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #21

I only had my Olympus TG-1 point and shoot when I went there.
03-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #22

Ahh nice.

03-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Pentax wr shames canikoly. Imagine k5 and 16 50 4 feet under water and then taking kickass photos again after weeks of drying off. Try beating my record lol!