Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you tried it? I use a licensed version 2.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading on another thread here that you can install the demo version, and then install the beta version 2 on top of it to keep using the demo license. I don't know if that can be done with the official version 2 release but it's worth a try.

Pat

04-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Have you tried it? I use a licensed version 2.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading on another thread here that you can install the demo version, and then install the beta version 2 on top of it to keep using the demo license. I don't know if that can be done with the official version 2 release but it's worth a try.

Pat
I tried that, but it still asks for a key. I understand their reasoning for the very limited demo, but I wouldn't pay for it if I didn't know whether it will work with my camera or not.
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Since version 2 just came out days ago, I am guessing they have not made a "version 2" demo yet... It'll probably come.

I can confirm that version 2 does work with Pentax, I use it for my K5, and will be fine tuning my K5iis as soon as I can get a nice sunny day (hopefully tomorrow).

Pat
04-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since version 2 just came out days ago, I am guessing they have not made a "version 2" demo yet... It'll probably come.

I can confirm that version 2 does work with Pentax, I use it for my K5, and will be fine tuning my K5iis as soon as I can get a nice sunny day (hopefully tomorrow).

Pat
Not positive about this - but in the previous demo version, it would include a set of Canon files that you could try the software with - it would not let you try it with your own image files. His reasoning is that if you wanted to just check one lens, you could use the demo and be done and not buy the software.

For $30 it is well worth it. And I can also confirm that v2.0 works with Pentax.

04-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Not positive about this - but in the previous demo version, it would include a set of Canon files that you could try the software with - it would not let you try it with your own image files
Oh! My apologies, I stand corrected then... I just bought the software right off.

I already have other products by Michael Tapes (LensAlign scale, and a whibal card) and am very satisfied with his products so when I saw his program and how it worked and read the glowing reviews, I just jumped in with both feet.

Pat
04-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Oh! My apologies, I stand corrected then... I just bought the software right off.

I already have other products by Michael Tapes (LensAlign scale, and a whibal card) and am very satisfied with his products so when I saw his program and how it worked and read the glowing reviews, I just jumped in with both feet.

Pat
No apologies needed Pat. I actually just became aware of Focus Tune a few months ago. I was looking for a good solution for controlled focus testing since I was having trouble with my K-5. I jumped in with the 2.0 beta and learned a lot about it. It is a great program and Michael is very receptive with all inquires on his forum. It felt good to be able to help out a little with the beta. I've been waiting a long time for him to include Pentax and he came through as he said he would.

I've been meaning to write a small article about Focus Tune for the articles/guides section - have to get that done soon.
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
No apologies needed Pat. I actually just became aware of Focus Tune a few months ago. I was looking for a good solution for controlled focus testing since I was having trouble with my K-5. I jumped in with the 2.0 beta and learned a lot about it. It is a great program and Michael is very receptive with all inquires on his forum. It felt good to be able to help out a little with the beta. I've been waiting a long time for him to include Pentax and he came through as he said he would.

I've been meaning to write a small article about Focus Tune for the articles/guides section - have to get that done soon.
I gather the software works with any AF lens? I only own two truly 'modern' lenses (the kit lens and my Sigma) but I do have a pair of older AF lenses (leftover from the film days) and I never know when I might snag another off fleabay or a garage sale or something.

04-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I gather the software works with any AF lens? I only own two truly 'modern' lenses (the kit lens and my Sigma) but I do have a pair of older AF lenses (leftover from the film days) and I never know when I might snag another off fleabay or a garage sale or something.
In order for the software to work, it must be recognized by the body for AF fine tuning.