Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I think you have gotten some good advice above. Since you seem to be looking for suggestions, I might add a little bit of a nit-pick.

In the first shot, I really like the dynamic action and the "moment" showing the runner's slide technique. If you cropped this image, I would like to see a little more room on the left side, leaving open space for the oncoming ball to "fly into" the frame. Sort of like when we place a moving person, animal or object in the frame with room in front to "move" to, only in reverse. Rather than cutting off part of the catcher's mitt, a bit of space would allow the viewer to imagine the ball about to appear. If this is the full frame then you can't make that change but for future shots it might work to allow just that bit of space.

I also agree that all the emotion in the second image makes the shot. Nice.

04-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #17

Original Poster
Attached is the original piece (surpressed).
I really cannot find a better way to crop this one thanks to our third base coach. Even the second shot needs me to move back and forth to get rid of him.

And your advice is important, to leave some space to let people know the oncoming ball.

Thanks for liking the second one. I personally enjoyed their happiness in that as well.
Attached Images