Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hahaha! The one that happens to me most often is that I go to take a pic of one of my dogs inside the house and only realize I left the camera set to 1/2000 shutter speed the last time I was using it when I see that the image is completely black :-(

I figure out how to set up user modes this morning. I made one for high speed shooting and one for low light shooting. That's a very nice feature of the camera.

There are so many excellent features that the K5ii has that my D3100 didn't have. I'm having a wonderful time exploring them all, when I'm not frustrated by not being able to figure out how they work lol!

06-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Homo_erectus Quote
hahaha! The one that happens to me most often is that I go to take a pic of one of my dogs inside the house and only realize I left the camera set to 1/2000 shutter speed the last time I was using it when I see that the image is completely black :-(

I figure out how to set up user modes this morning. I made one for high speed shooting and one for low light shooting. That's a very nice feature of the camera.

There are so many excellent features that the K5ii has that my D3100 didn't have. I'm having a wonderful time exploring them all, when I'm not frustrated by not being able to figure out how they work lol!
Be careful, some of the settings have unintended side-effects. For example I put in a correction setting and suddenly none of my settings would go below ISO160. Took a while to figure out what did it and only found out by turning EACH setting off and trying to reset the ISO to 80. Just make sure, as you go through experimenting, that something else was not changed because of a setting you were playing with.
06-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #33

Photos: Albums
Do i need a external lap timer on the K5 or this is one inside the camera K5
and were canti buy a time lap timer external i went to a lot of store photography store and the sell only for Nikon and Canon
06-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Be careful, some of the settings have unintended side-effects. For example I put in a correction setting and suddenly none of my settings would go below ISO160. Took a while to figure out what did it and only found out by turning EACH setting off and trying to reset the ISO to 80. Just make sure, as you go through experimenting, that something else was not changed because of a setting you were playing with.
Yeah, I had the same thing happen to me and I ended up resetting ALL of the settings because I couldn't figure out what I had changed. It's all part of the learning process anyway.

06-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So, I got some actually good, really good, shots today. Thanks again to everyone but especially Docrwm for the detailed suggestions for settings to try.

I got my girl friend to throw the ball for Ernie so I could shoot as he ran toward me chasing the ball.

06-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by afrowhite Quote
Do i need a external lap timer on the K5 or this is one inside the camera K5
and were canti buy a time lap timer external i went to a lot of store photography store and the sell only for Nikon and Canon
Lap timer? Like a stopwatch?

If you mean shooting time-lapse that's called interval shooting and the K-5 does it. You just tell it how frequently to take an exposure.