Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote

Theres a few images from the rainy day! Sorry, totally didn't see that I posted them. Probably because they are D800 and this is Pentax forum....
I'm glad these were taken when it was rainy out.....looks pretty good to me.

07-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by richardwong Quote
I'm glad these were taken when it was rainy out.....looks pretty good to me.
The crazy thing about Alberta weather is how it can be a torrential downpour one minute, sunny skies within 10, and then downpour again. It's a matter of finding shelter and places to take the photos quickly. Also an umbrella on a light stand being used as an umbrella works great for keeping the rain off your subject!

If you need proof of Alberta weather may I suggest goggling Calgary?

07-16-2013, 07:05 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Wired you don't have to. I'm from Vancouver and have visited Calgary where you get snow, rain, wind, and sun all the in the same day!
07-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wired you don't have to. I'm from Vancouver and have visited Calgary where you get snow, rain, wind, and sun all the in the same day!
You got that right! Vancouver is beautiful. I need to revisit it sometime soon. I luckily haven't been caught in one of your down pours

07-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #35

Photos: Albums
the most maddening element of this whole thing was the pace, coupled with everyone wanting to get their shots with their cell phones, while me, the hired photographer, is trying to take control of the situation. This is the first wedding I've done where it felt like a 200m sprint to the end. That was exhausting.
Having just attended a wedding I can see that the photographer really can't win. Almost all guests I spoke to moaned about the photographer being bossy, and how long he took taking photos before people could go off and have a drink/eat etc but it really did seem like herding cats. They did announce before the ceremony though that all phones and cameras were to be left in bags during ceremony so at least nobody could get in the way for that part. Seems you just have to have pretty thick skin to do wedding photography...
07-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thechumpen Quote
Having just attended a wedding I can see that the photographer really can't win. Almost all guests I spoke to moaned about the photographer being bossy, and how long he took taking photos before people could go off and have a drink/eat etc but it really did seem like herding cats. They did announce before the ceremony though that all phones and cameras were to be left in bags during ceremony so at least nobody could get in the way for that part. Seems you just have to have pretty thick skin to do wedding photography...
You do. I've only done a handful, and luckily no bridezilla events.. but you got to have a thick skin and be quick on your feet. I love wedding parties that agree to an "unplugged wedding" and I always recommend it.

But photographers are paid to provide a service. And if I am to provide a service I'm going to have to take control of the situation so I can provide a solid product. So yea...I've been bossy

07-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Yes Vancouver can be challenging but the ocean and mountains make up for it

You got that right! Vancouver is beautiful. I need to revisit it sometime soon. I luckily haven't been caught in one of your down pours

07-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes Vancouver can be challenging but the ocean and mountains make up for it
Sshhhhh!!!! I love the oceans and mountains. Much better than being land locked.

Petition and Kelowna areas are my fav though

07-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #39
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I don't like the 31 I actually don't.

I think the D800, 80-200, 20mm, K5, 50-135, and 77 and LX would be the minimum to haul around for me.

Unless I do something stupid and take the K5, DA 16-50, 50-135, and 645, 75 f2.8
If you don't like it, just sell it.

Somehow I love mine, but only use it on my K-01. Maybe you should buy a K-01
07-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
If you don't like it, just sell it.

Somehow I love mine, but only use it on my K-01. Maybe you should buy a K-01
I like it on my LX