Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mirror Lock-up

I know that when using the two second timer the camera will automatically turn off SR. This is handy when using a tripod. Will using the two second timer also lock up the mirror prior to taking the shot? I thought I remember reading somewhere the camera will do this, instead of having to go through the menu and pressing the shutter button twice. The camera is K-5 II.

06-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

In the manual page 125:

QuoteQuote:
2 second timer - the mirror pops up immediately after the shutter release button is pressed. The shutter is released after about 2 seconds. Use this mode to avoid camera shake when the shutter release button is pressed.
06-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey thank you Stormtech. I knew I had read that somewhere, just forgot where and if I remembered correctly. I did read the manual several times when I got the camera. I think maybe I better read it again.
06-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You're welcome. What I do to find stuff like this easily is I've downloaded the .pdf version of the manual on my computer. When you use that, there is a "find" feature which is kind of like a search field. It really only works for one word, so I put in "mirror" then just keep hitting the forward arrow, and it will bring up the word "mirror" on each page that is appears. Makes for finding stuff pretty easy.

Actually I didn't realize the mirror locks up with the 2 second timer (does not with the 10 second) so I learned something valuable through this also.

Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

06-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

That's why there are two clicks! Learn something everyday here on pentax forums.