Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adapter for Praktica lens to Pentax K5

Hi all I have just bought my first DSLR a Pentax K5 ! im very Happy with it I have a Basic kit WR lens and now saving hard for a good 300 mm lens - but I would like to use my old Praktica B lenses on it but I cannot find adapter in the UK - can anyone tell me were I can get one ? loads of Praktica to Canon but nothing for Pentax ? I got the Pentax because I was told it was good for using old lenses - Help please Thanks - Pete from Suffolk UK

07-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Praktica B mount had a focal flange distance of 44.40mm, the Pentax K mount has a focal flange distance of 45.46mm. Any adapter would need to have an extra optical element to maintain infinity focus and would act like a short tele-converter. Optically corrected adapters exist for Canon FD, Nikon F, and Minolta MD mounts, but obviously nobody has ever considered it worth while to make a Praktica B adapter. The Canon EOS mount has a shorter focal flange distance than Praktica B (44 mm) and a wide enough throat diameter that you can make an adapter that doesn't need an optical element.

Pentax is good for using old lenses, lenses made for Pentax...Praktica thread mount lenses (M42) work great.
07-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The site La Bague Photo where I have bought the Canon FD to PK adapter, has a lot of adapters. Perhaps he can help you.
07-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Boris

thanks for info Boris -- sad that I cannot use my old Praktica lenses - I will have save the penny's for some Pentax stuff