Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-25-2013, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #1

Unique Camera Bag Purchase

I just wanted to share a new purchase I made this past week with my fellow Pentaxians. I was looking for a bag for my every day carry that would allow me to take my K5-II with me. I wanted something small, but also something that allowed me to carry all my gadgets. Everything that I found was more camera bag than everyday carry. I was browsing everything from Lowepro to Thinktank when I came across the Caselogic FLXM-101. I haven't been that impressed with their bags in the past, but I have to say I am blown away with this bag. The bag is made from a durable yet soft fabric. It has one of the most comfortable straps I have ever used on a shoulder bag. The angle the strap comes off the bag has a lot to do with this. It also has a flat rubberized bottom which allows the bag to stand up straight on its own and last. The inner camera compartment holds my K5-II(no grip) with my 18-135mm attached and also has room for my 35mm f2.4, spare battery, cleaning cloth, and small rocket blower. The separate camera pouch also comes out easily if I decide I want to carry something other than my camera that day. It also has a nice padded tablet pocket on the inside of the bag. Along with the camera pouch I can carry the following:

Front pocket
-small flashlight
-Energizer 4000mah USB powerpack
-Leatherman Skeltool CX with case, extra bits, and bit extender
-bottle of hand sanitizer
-Kershaw Leek knife
-32gb thumb drive

Inside Main compartment
-Camera Pouch
-Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with case
-500gb USB harddrive with case
-Samsung HMX-W300 camcorder
-Also a small pocket with pens, tablet stylus, headphones, etc.

2 exterior side pockets
-a small travel umbrella
-18oz stainless steel water bottle

Outer Flap pocket
-small field notebook with pen

This bag is perfect for me. It now allows me to grab my camera and shoot instead of saying, "I wish I had my camera" or "that would make a great shot"