Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
dbh
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Just out of curiosity - had you compared the image displayed under live view with SR enabled vs disabled? I find the difference to be very noticeable and in your case may make it easier to catch SR-related intermittent hiccups.

08-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by az1895 Quote
I too am in process to buy a K-30. I had my new K5IIs for about 10 days and it got very warm , shut down , and cannot be turned back on. It just got sent to be evaluated. It is a bummer. I guess you know that though or I wouldnt be reading this post.
Pentax R&D messed up internal drivers on main board and peripheral components when they tweaked AF software. I heard at least 10 complaints about K5-II and K-5IIs overheating, AF hunting and intermittent lockups. Again - as they say - if it works, don't fix it. K-5 is a great camera, don't "improve it". Just give us an FF if you really need more sales.
08-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote
Just out of curiosity - had you compared the image displayed under live view with SR enabled vs disabled? I find the difference to be very noticeable and in your case may make it easier to catch SR-related intermittent hiccups.
I have not even got the K30 yet. I shipped the K5II`s back yesterday , and at the same time purchased a new used K30 on line. Wont have it until Monday. I was curious too see that too as Ive heard its better....just have to wait and see