Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Automatic extension tube on K5II

Hello,

My automatic extension tubes worked fine on my K10D with the 4/100 ore other K lenses.
I bought a K5II and in the menu I admitted the camera to take K lenses with diafragm ring. No problem.
When I put my automatic (appature) rings between the 4/100 macro and the camera the diafragm opens but does not close when I take a picture.
I've also got a not-automate set, but it gives with f.e. f 16 or f 11 a very dark view.
I could not fing anything about it. Has someone an idea?

Greetings,
Fred.

07-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #2

Are there electrical contacts on the extension tubes or not? Is the bayonet mount (camera side) bare/chromed metal or painted/anodized. I believe most of the DSLR later than the K10D won't actuate the diaphragm lever unless they think a lens is mounted. It takes some of the pins shorted to do this. If the mount is anodized you may have to scrape some of the coating off. You can temporarily do this with some metal foil to test.
07-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
There are no electrical contacts and the bayonetmount is black. Now you wrote this I for the first time tried to use my teleconverter. Also with an black mount. And it did not work.
You were right! I took some metal foil out of the kitchen and put it over the contacts of the body. It is Sundaymorning 8.00 o'clock in the morning here in Holland. A day to get the coating off the three rings and the converter.
Thank you very much.
07-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #4

I'm glad it was a relatively simple fix. If you should get tubes or a teleconverter with contacts and have the same problem it is because they only have 6 contacts. Just remove the coating in the area where the 7 pin (data pin as I recall) would be.

Have fun. We'll look forward to seeing some of your photographs.