Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #1

Trouble with my K-5II

So, I'm having some issues with my K-5II with the DA18-135 attached. When the camera is pointed downwards, it can't seem to read the aperture from the lens, but it's fine when pointed straight or up. The problem also occurs if the camera is whipped upwards quickly (as in, from my side to my eye). However, the problem doesn't seem to occur with the third party grip attached. Except the grip doesn't work as a shutter release, or to transfer power any more, and the tripod mount is broken.

On top of this the camera doesn't seem to know when the battery grip has been disconnected, still giving me the option to select "grip first" in the battery menu even when no grip is attached.

08-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi,

Have you updated the firmware yet - the latest is 1.04? If already done, I would try to reset the camera once + Reset the custom function and if it sill doesn't work - I will run like "Jesse Owens" to exercise my warranty rights.

Cheers!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
attached, battery, camera, dslr, grip, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k-5ii, k5, pentax k-5