Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K5 PC thread

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I did buy screwlock PC cable to connect K5 and YN560 flash properly (can use pop up flas as fill same time this way). Its ok and works but k5 PC thread is more smaller than normally so screwlock can not be locked. I have been searching PC cable that have normal size screwlock PC male in other end and small k5 size pc male other end but didnot find...actually not find any k5 small size pc screwlock cable at all. Is there any?

08-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am not sure, if I understand you correctly. But if you mean a sync cord for for Pentax and an external flash, you can easily find such on eBay:

4M 6 35mm Universal Camera Flash Sync Cable Cord for Canon Nikon Pentax Fuji | eBay
08-30-2013, 06:15 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
I am not sure, if I understand you correctly. But if you mean a sync cord for for Pentax and an external flash, you can easily find such on eBay:

4M 6 35mm Universal Camera Flash Sync Cable Cord for Canon Nikon Pentax Fuji | eBay
Yes but With screwlock like this
Camera Male to Male M M Flash PC Sync 1 5M Cable Cord with Screw Lock New | eBay

But problem is that cord's screw thread will not fit to K5's pc thread. It mens that cablecan be used with K5 but screw can not be locked. I want to lock screw also so cable not drop all the time. K5's not standard pc thread is the problem.
08-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter

I see what you mean.

But honestly if the PC connector is not totally worn out I never had one fall out.
Not even heavy long coiled ones.

And when they get a little loose, A gentle squeeze with small needle-nose pliers on the male part and theyre as good as new.

08-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
But honestly if the PC connector is not totally worn out I never had one fall out.
That is very strange...if there is nothing to hold cord there how its not falling out when pulled from cable. Mine come out easily if pull from cable and i have also seen many others also to drop pc cable from camerain even in studio. Maybe u r more careful and not pull from the cable.

But this is out from topic now too much and not helping.