Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-04-2013, 01:10 PM - 1 Like   #1

becoming one with the K-5IIs

Just got my adapter in the mail today so I can use my old Super-Takumar. It's pretty yellow so i converted this one to b/w (and really tweaked it) and have put the lens on the window sill to return it to clear.

09-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks cool, man! Enjoy playing around with those M42 lenses.

If you play around with the white balance, you might be able to lessen the yellow effect if you want to shoot color.
09-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
Looks cool, man! Enjoy playing around with those M42 lenses.

If you play around with the white balance, you might be able to lessen the yellow effect if you want to shoot color.
Thanks Julie. The yellow is not evenly spread across the frame.....it's kinda blotchy. I have some nice southern exposure and am hopeful that in a couple weeks, I'll be good to go. I had also forgotten that the K-5IIs does not have focus peaking. I think it's super lame that the flagship camera is missing functionality of some that are below it. I may need to re-get a K-30.
09-04-2013, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm using A K-5 IIs as well, with almost nothing else than manual focus glass. I find the Little red focus assist light to be just fine. And the green Hexagon.

I absolutely Love this camera. I came from A film background and the K-5 IIs was my first DSLR and it made the transition easy for me.

I know I will keep mine for as long as it works, I honestly Do not need anything better.

09-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
I know I will keep mine for as long as it works, I honestly Do not need anything better.
Absolutely very well said. I don't need anything better.