Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #1

Pentax K-5 IIs

I have always loved Pentax and upgraded from a K200D to my current K-5 IIs. I set myself a challenge to take one photo a day throughout 2013 - all my photos can be viewed on my website at Shiers photography

10-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Sorry, I didn't get to see your photos because I closed the page as soon as the unpleasant autoplay music started. Please don't subject your visitors to mandetory music
Post some photos here.
10-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I turned the sound off…

Nice work, Michelle. I particularly liked your self-portrait – they're difficult to do well, because you're often working with your most demanding client!
10-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I turned the sound off…
I didn't I actually like it - of course it's not for everyone.
Nice work, Michelle - scary snowman

10-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
January 10, 2013 -Basically, if that is you, you can do no wrong in my book.
Great images!
10-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Seems you are passionate and enthusiastic about photography ! Keep it up - great shots and I enjoyed them a lot. And about the music - also don't like when it plays on the web , you could give us an option to switch it on/off - but that's just on a side note
10-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I found the music O.K. Nice images too, liked the snowman and the diver.

10-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #8

Nice pictures. Keep going and good luck. I happen to have K-5 IIs too
10-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, Michelle. Love the photo blog. Some blighters here may come after you for posting some "snapshots" which is ridiculous. The snapshots that my grandparents and earlier ancestors took are very important heirlooms to me as I am sure these will be to your family. Anyway, you need a thick skin to play on the internet so keep the chin up. Love the Russian doll image. Very well done. The only thing I can offer in the way of possible improvement is that the light blue text colour on your images sometimes fades into the lighter backgrounds making them hard to read. Something to keep in mind.

Jack
10-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you who have posted your thoughts ... I appreciate constructive criticism and have now deleted the music from my website. Just a shame I think that for my first time on a Pentax forum, the first response seemed rather less than encouraging! Ah well, such is life ...
10-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #11
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and hope you enjoy the forum. Do consider posting individual images to the forum rather than links - it increases their exposure.
10-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoBat Quote
Thanks to all of you who have posted your thoughts ... I appreciate constructive criticism and have now deleted the music from my website. Just a shame I think that for my first time on a Pentax forum, the first response seemed rather less than encouraging! Ah well, such is life ...
Sounds like you are disappointed with the music feedback. It can happen, if I don't have a taste for certain music, I would tend to mention it too.

Well it's a shame, I didn't get to hear the music, I just looked at this thread, nevertheless your pictures are very beautiful, I looked at your entire portfolio. Yeah as Lauren mentioned before the biker girl is nice too.

I liked your creative macro photography

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers!
10-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I missed the music, but loved the photographs and the project. Really great challenge for yourself and the new camera, and the results are just great. Inspires me to do steady work like this and I respect your sharing it.
David