Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Wow, lots of great information in this thread. I have learned a great deal already! I didn't know focusing screens were so complicated...

I'm going to consider the info in this thread and do some more research! Thanks, fellas!

12-29-2013, 02:36 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
Another vote for the S type from focussingscreens. I had one for my K-r and have just fitted one for my new K-5II. I have the AF and rule of thirds line on mine. Having one fitted is like having a new camera, they are so good. You can see the focus moving really easily. Viewfinder is slightly darker using my zooms due to smaller aperture but still fine in normal conditions.
12-29-2013, 05:15 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
Wow, lots of great information in this thread. I have learned a great deal already! I didn't know focusing screens were so complicated...

I'm going to consider the info in this thread and do some more research! Thanks, fellas!
Hi there!

There is a wealth of information here at the Katzeyes webpage...particularly metering. Hope it helps. I used Katzeyes with not issues with K10d, K-7 and now K-3.

Pentax K-3 K-5, K-5II, K-7, K-30, K-50 & K-500 KatzEye Focusing Screen