Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #1

Can't view my images/playback doesn't work?

Hello, hoping someone can help me.
Bought a new K5 II a month ago and can't view images by pressing the playback button. \Spent time reading the instructions too in case was a weird set up procedure to do that but there doesn't seem to be...
Is there something wrong with it??? Or am I missing something simple?

Thanks

01-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

What, if anything, happens when you press the playback button?

As far as I know there is nothing particular that needs to be done to view images. Just press the playback button, and of course the camera has to be switched on.
01-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did it ever work? Might be a bad button.....
01-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #4

Original Poster
Nothing happens at all and nothing ever has happened? I can go into menu and watch a slide =show fine and after a photo the screen displays that picture but the playback one does nothing.... So you think a trip back to the shop is in need? Thanks for your quick responses!

01-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What happens if you press the play back button and then press the info button? What should happen is that 'info' will cycle through the different play back displays. If instead you go to the regular 'info' screen with all the settings to be changed then I suspect the play back button is not working.

If that is the case try pressing and wiggling it a few times or pressing it repeatedly a few times. This has been reported to loosen up buttons in the past. If none of that works, sadly I think it needs to go back to the dealer or in for service.