Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
HELP! K-5 shutter issue

Last week the shutter made a weird noise, kind of loose sounding, but the pics still came out. It was fine for most of the next day, but then at the end of the day it started acting funny. When I would depress the button, it made an electronic whirring sound. I did that a few times, same result, turned it off and back on and it worked fine. Later in the day it started do the whirring thing and turning it off did not help. I took it back out the next day and it worked fine, but I did not have many pics to take. It seems to happen toward the end of the day after many pictures, if it sits for a while, then its fine again.

I don't know if this could be related, but for the past few months, sometimes when I half press for focus, nothing would happen if I pressed down to take the shot. Some days it would happen more than others.

I have had my k-5 for ~2 years and it has 55k actuation's.

Any ideas? I spoke with one gentleman who thought it might be something to do with the thing that charges the shutter?

Any help would be appreciated.

03-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
OK5

QuoteOriginally posted by lknbigfish Quote
Last week the shutter made a weird noise, kind of loose sounding, but the pics still came out. It was fine for most of the next day, but then at the end of the day it started acting funny. When I would depress the button, it made an electronic whirring sound. I did that a few times, same result, turned it off and back on and it worked fine. Later in the day it started do the whirring thing and turning it off did not help. I took it back out the next day and it worked fine, but I did not have many pics to take. It seems to happen toward the end of the day after many pictures, if it sits for a while, then its fine again.

I don't know if this could be related, but for the past few months, sometimes when I half press for focus, nothing would happen if I pressed down to take the shot. Some days it would happen more than others.

I have had my k-5 for ~2 years and it has 55k actuation's.

Any ideas? I spoke with one gentleman who thought it might be something to do with the thing that charges the shutter?

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Iknbigfish... have you tried setting the camera AF.S setting, camera menu #15 to release priority to determine if it is a focus issue?
Just hoping it is something as simple as dirty contacts.

Good luck
03-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks,
I'll give that a shot next time it acts up. It has not been an issue the last week or so.