Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Updating Firmware in K-5 IIs

I have followed the process for updating the firmware on my K-5 IIs but it will not load. I am connecting the camera to the computer to do it. Any suggestions?

04-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PC228A Quote
I have followed the process for updating the firmware on my K-5 IIs but it will not load. I am connecting the camera to the computer to do it. Any suggestions?
Watch this video, then check the FAQ section at the end of the video:
Pentax Firmware Update Guide - Pentax Tutorial Videos - PentaxForums.com

Your camera needs to be disconnected from the computer when you go to update the firmware by holding down the menu button at startup.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Mac mysteriously adds an '-01' to the file name when downloading. The camera won't recognize this. Check to see if your computer is doing the same. If so, the solution is simple. Download and then change the file name to precisely that you see on the Pentax Ricoh web site in the firmware instructions.
04-04-2014, 03:54 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
My Mac mysteriously adds an '-01' to the file name when downloading. The camera won't recognize this. Check to see if your computer is doing the same. If so, the solution is simple. Download and then change the file name to precisely that you see on the Pentax Ricoh web site in the firmware instructions.
It should only do that if there is a file with that name already, 01 is the first duplicate...happens a lot with updates because the file name never changes with new versions...

JJ

04-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I took everyone's advice and checked everything again. I then copied the file to the K-5 IIs instead of the DCIM folder. It worked like a dream. Thanks for your input. I love this place!!!