Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
Forum Member

Auto Bracketing

I am having the hardest time setting up auto bracketing on my K-5...following the manual, but I cannot get the drive mode to appear...IS THERE AN EASIER WAY TO SET THE AUTO BRACKETING UP THAT A 3 YEAR OLD CAN UNDERSTAND? How do I turnoff the multi-exposure?

Thanks,

Frank

04-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You can assign exposure bracketing to the RAW/Fx button, so it is easy to switch...
04-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
You can assign exposure bracketing to the RAW/Fx button, so it is easy to switch...
bracketing shows that is off...how do I turn it on???
04-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fnflying Quote
I am having the hardest time setting up auto bracketing on my K-5...following the manual, but I cannot get the drive mode to appear...IS THERE AN EASIER WAY TO SET THE AUTO BRACKETING UP THAT A 3 YEAR OLD CAN UNDERSTAND? How do I turnoff the multi-exposure?
To turn on bracketing just press the drive mode button, which is the top button of the 4 way controller then scroll right to get to the icon that looks like a +/- with a timer. Note that if you are in 'green mode' many options do not appear in the setup menus, including auto bracketing.

04-13-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks jatrax...duh, pretty easy...thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!
04-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
one more question...how do I get the k-5 to take 5 shots instead of 3??
04-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fnflying Quote
.how do I get the k-5 to take 5 shots instead of 3??
Top button on the 4 way pad>scroll over to the bracketing icon>at the bottom of the screen you should see indicators for # of images and the spread for eaCH.

Front wheel controls # of images taken, rear wheel, the change in aperture between each shot.

The indicator just above shows the shots to be taken on a -5 to +5 exposure chart

04-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks Again!!!!!
04-30-2014, 06:22 AM   #9

Hi,
I have an issue with autobracketing via Fn button (K5ii with firmware update)
It works fine but the problem is when I want to turn off autobracketing I have to make it from the menu which is nonsense.
One would expect that Fn button simply turns on/off whatever function is assigned to but when I'm in bracketing mode, pressing Fn again does nothing.
Is this a camera fault, am I doing something wrong or is just the way this works?
Many thanks.
04-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raultimis Quote
Hi,
I have an issue with autobracketing via Fn button (K5ii with firmware update)
It works fine but the problem is when I want to turn off autobracketing I have to make it from the menu which is nonsense.
One would expect that Fn button simply turns on/off whatever function is assigned to but when I'm in bracketing mode, pressing Fn again does nothing.
Is this a camera fault, am I doing something wrong or is just the way this works?
Many thanks.
Unfortunately that's the way it works. Unless someone else has found a work around. I gave up using the Fx button for that as I often hit it by accident which caused a lot of confusion when it turned bracketing on.
05-01-2014, 05:07 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Unfortunately that's the way it works. Unless someone else has found a work around. I gave up using the Fx button for that as I often hit it by accident which caused a lot of confusion when it turned bracketing on.
There is something funny with pentax buttons. Iso button must be pressed all the way down and a little bit hard in order to work. Fn button is also funny: when is assigned to RAW you need to press it a little long to work but when is assigned to Digital Preview a little touch will make the shutter slap. Now this may be on purpose and be a smart feature for some but for me is a little weird to get used to a button that works differently according to what function is assigned to.
When I'm on the field I want all my attention there not on the camera which after all is just a tool.
Is it the same on yours?

Last edited by raultimis; 05-01-2014 at 05:15 AM.
05-01-2014, 06:47 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raultimis Quote
Is it the same on yours?
Not that I noticed. Though I have k-3 now so have not used the k-5 in while. More of the k-3 buttons are "hold while scroll" type which allows more things to be set in user presets.