Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rear monitor "screen shot" ?

Is there a way to take a "screen shot" of what shows on the rear monitor on my K5?

I mean: from within the camera ... not a shot taken with another camera.

Thanks.

JP

07-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not that I know of within the camera. Does the FLU card display on the monitor device the same as the camera LCD? If so you might get a screen shot that way. Or if you have a device that accepts HDMI in and can take a screen shot.
07-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Not that I know of within the camera. Does the FLU card display on the monitor device the same as the camera LCD? If so you might get a screen shot that way. Or if you have a device that accepts HDMI in and can take a screen shot.
I wouldn't know a thing about the Flu Card.
What do you mean by a "device" that has HDMI to take a screen shot?
I do have an ASUS TF700 tablet that has HDMI though.

JP
07-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I mean: from within the camera ... not a shot taken with another camera.
I see no good reason not to utilize another cameras for this? It's the quickest way imho.
If you have a smartphone, use it's camera. Drop the exposure value down on the phone's camera and you'll get a shot like this taken with my Samsung GS2:

Last edited by Steve.Ledger; 08-10-2014 at 10:12 PM.
07-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What do you mean by a "device" that has HDMI to take a screen shot? I do have an ASUS TF700 tablet that has HDMI though.
Since the camera has an HDMI out port I was just wondering if a tablet or phone that had an HDMI in port could be used. I know some of the tablets have HDMI ports but whether they are in or out I do not know. But if you could view the image on any device/phone/PC that has the ability to grab a screen shot that should work.
07-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

HDMI ports on usually out, not in. My Lenovo is out.
07-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
I see no good reason not to utilize another cameras for this? It's the quickest way imho.
If you have a smartphone, use it's camera. Drop the exposure value down on the phone's camera and you'll get a shot like this taken with my Samsung GS2:
Then I shall try with my Samsung S2 ...

JP

---------- Post added 07-16-14 at 05:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Since the camera has an HDMI out port I was just wondering if a tablet or phone that had an HDMI in port could be used. I know some of the tablets have HDMI ports but whether they are in or out I do not know. But if you could view the image on any device/phone/PC that has the ability to grab a screen shot that should work.
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
HDMI ports on usually out, not in. My Lenovo is out.
So I guess this wouldn't work?

JP

07-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I guess this wouldn't work?
I guess not. I did a search for tablets with HDMI input and found a bunch of threads complaining that there were no tablets with an HDMI input. Seems lots of people had the same idea but no hardware is currently available that will do that. Sorry if I lead you wrong.