Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Is there a better way?

Set up a USER configuration on my K5.
The problem is now I have to switch between TAv and USER with the mode dial.
It's just too slow and clumsy for my kind of shooting.

Is there a better faster way to have two separate modes more or less instantly available?

07-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You could buy another K-5 body
Honestly though, too slow to change mode dial. Really?
Besides if there was a way, the mode dial would no longer be in sync with the mode its in.

Last edited by Steve.Ledger; 07-20-2014 at 10:31 PM.
07-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
Set up a USER configuration on my K5.
The problem is now I have to switch between TAv and USER with the mode dial.

Is there a better faster way to have two separate modes more or less instantly available?
You could set up two user modes, one set as your favourite TAv setup, the other with the different user setting. It's quick to go from one user setting to another without touching the mode dial. (You can set up to 5 user modes)
07-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
It's quick to go from one user setting to another without touching the mode dial.
How?
The only way i could find was to go into the menu system but maybe I'm just being thick about it and missing something.

07-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How?
The only way i could find was to go into the menu system but maybe I'm just being thick about it and missing something.
Yes, I use the menu system. Pretty quick once you're used to it.
08-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Yes, I use the menu system. Pretty quick once you're used to it.
How can you change USER modes through the menu?
08-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Too slow, really? What are you shooting that requires radical camera settings in such a hurry? It takes 4 clicks one way to get to switch from Tav to USER, and 4 clicks the other way to get back. I can easily switch from one mode to the next in far less than a second without even looking away from the viewfinder.

You could always get a K3, you'd have three user modes on the dial, only one click in between each. And if you'd disable the dial lock it'd be even easier

---------- Post added 08-08-14 at 22:23 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
How can you change USER modes through the menu?
Hit "MENU", item one in the first menu is the user selection. Fairly easy, Menu, Down, Right and then up/down to choose

08-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fgaudet Quote
Too slow, really? What are you shooting that requires radical camera settings in such a hurry? It takes 4 clicks one way to get to switch from Tav to USER, and 4 clicks the other way to get back. I can easily switch from one mode to the next in far less than a second without even looking away from the viewfinder.

You could always get a K3, you'd have three user modes on the dial, only one click in between each. And if you'd disable the dial lock it'd be even easier

Hit "MENU", item one in the first menu is the user selection. Fairly easy, Menu, Down, Right and then up/down to choose
Thanks for answering! (I was a bit slow.)
08-16-2014, 07:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Ah, no. It's File Format.
08-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
Ah, no. It's File Format.
Your mode dial has to be on "USER", we're talking about switching user mode here
08-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Your mode dial has to be on "USER", we're talking about switching user mode here
Okee doekee.