Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2014, 02:52 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If I am using a tripod for stabilization, but not locked down, then I will leave the SR on. If I have locked the tripod head in place, then I use the two second timer or, mirror lock up feature. These automatically disable the SR.

The other options would be to set the RAW/Fx button to this feature (I have mine set for multi exposure) or, to change it using the info button.

09-23-2014, 03:20 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Why not set the RAW/FX button to turn SR on/off in the customizations menu?

See page 71 in the English language version of the manual.
in my K5IIs manual on page 250 is lists what you can assign to the FX button and shake reduction is not one of them,

if it was i would long since have assigned it as the rest i never use, in fact i have set to gps so it cant cause a problem if pressed in error when in portrait mode which probably just the way i hold the body.
09-23-2014, 04:48 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a K-3 option.
09-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
in my K5IIs manual on page 250 is lists what you can assign to the FX button and shake reduction is not one of them,

if it was i would long since have assigned it as the rest i never use, in fact i have set to gps so it cant cause a problem if pressed in error when in portrait mode which probably just the way i hold the body.
Yes that's what I found as well. Until I upgrade to a K-3 I guess that I will have to use the info screen to turn SR on and off. Thanks everyone.

09-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
It's a K-3 option.
the op has a K5IIs
10-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KevinR Quote
Info > Info > Scroll rear wheel > Info each time to change
May be even faster.. I don't think you have to hit INFO when you are finished. i think you can just half press the shutter... INFO>SCROLL>HALF-PRESS. Check. Working from memory, I am not sure; it is just a thing I do.

I use Fx button for drive/timer. I like to leave 4-way controller in focus point selection. So, I use Kevin's idea w/ INFO button.