Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #16

Glad to hear you're OK. I've taken my K-5 out in the ocean to get pics of the family. I've had multiple waves wash over it without any issues at all. I definitely wouldn't want to drop it and let it sink to the bottom of a pool...but I love the freedom of being able to shoot and not worry about water touching it.

12-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I've also shot many a wet, wet soccer game with the K-5 & DA* 200mm and never thought twice about it!
12-11-2014, 02:48 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have used the K5 and now the K5IIs and K3 in the rain and they have proven that they are tough
12-28-2014, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

I would love to see Pentax Ricoh do a commercial like this. Show someone falling on their head, but then getting up and dusting the camera off and shooting, or at the beach, or in the rain still using it when everyone else is running off to get out of the water. It would be even better if they had a woman holding one, and some Canon-Nikon guys staring in sheer disbelief. I've had that happen a couple of times now. I'm the only one left outside when the drizzle starts. All the guys they just run for cover and I'm standing there with my WR Pentax DSLR finishing the shoot. I turn around and they're all looking at me like I am nuts. I just shrug and smile and say "It's a Pentax." It's totally a commercial worthy scene, grin.

I just think it would be a cute and very effective commercial for the brand particularly if it's a woman shooting. I think they could really market their WR cameras well not just to sport's oriented men but to women as well. I want to see a whole series of commercials actually with various situations like this and different people using them, people you might not necessarily expect to be using a K3 or K-50 or whatever. It would be great. Hey, Pentax-Ricoh are you folks LISTENING? I have a bloody brilliant idea here! So why don't you go steal it already and effin sell some cameras!!!!