Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unexpected Behavior

Having enjoyed using the match needle exposure setting on my film cameras I have set my DSLR cameras to Manual mode and used them in a similar fashion. I did this with my K10, and since getting the K5IIs I continued that practice. It has worked very well for me, well, at least until the other day.

I was fiddling around with the menus and trying a few of the other features for making photographs, and suddenly the exposure bar at the bottom of the viewfinder doesn't work like it did. In fact it doesn't work at all now.

Also, at the right of the information bar at the bottom of the viewfinder there are some numbers in decimal format, with either a "+" or a "-" next to them, i.e. "-1.5" or "+2.3" (these numbers change as I change the aperture and/or the shutter speed.

It is also more difficult for me to quickly set the exposure and make a photograph.

Do any of you have any ideas or suggestions as to what settings I may have changed that are causing this change in the behavior of my camera?

Many thanks in advance for all of your thoughtful help and comments!

Racer

12-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Electronic level on?
12-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Electronic level on?
Well it was, and I just turned it off and now the metering bar has resumed the normal and expected behavior.

Thank you!

How did you know this? When I tried to figure it out using the manual, just like so many other features, it is not clear how one setting affects other settings and features.
12-14-2014, 05:54 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
How did you know this? When I tried to figure it out using the manual, just like so many other features, it is not clear how one setting affects other settings and features.
Possibly because I did the same thing and spent a day figuring it out. But of course not, I would never do anything like that...

12-16-2014, 06:38 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I would never do anything like that...
Aye right.... think we got the truth in the first part of the sentence.