Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2015, 05:17 PM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mary Lippold Quote
Mine sometimes pops up just a little but not all the way out like my K10 does. It's almost as if there isn't enough force behind the "pop-out" mechanism. I have started carrying a pair of tweezers in my bag and then very very gently grab the edge of the card when it pops up and take it out that way. It was a real drag on an African photo safari when I needed to quickly change to a new card and continue snapping the action. The tweezers are now part of my normal "kit".

Try pushing it in with the tip of your finger, quickly move your finger out of the way and then let it spring out by itself.

01-07-2015, 06:46 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by alexcam Quote
Try pushing it in with the tip of your finger, quickly move your finger out of the way and then let it spring out by itself.
Alexcam's method is the normal way for me, but occasionally the card still stays too close in for my stubby little fingers to grab it. I have found that there is a bit of a raised lip on one side of the sd card that allows me to coax the card out with a finger nail. Works every time (so far).
01-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-5/II/IIs card slot and door is designed very badly. I do not know why use a spring loaded design when you can have a simple push in / pull out system like the card slot on my Laptop - no quick pressing in with your finger nail for the card to pop out. A design that can bend your card or damage the card slot easily.
As Design Engineers we are taught FMEA ( failure mode effect analysis). VE and VA (value engineering and value analysis) which helps keep the parts simple/easy to use and the part count in a product to the minimum.
Also I wish the SDXC card had a ledge like on the Macro SD Card, that helps you grip and pull it up away easily.
Regards.